The Nutrition Press is a student-led organisation that has provided more than sixty students with opportunities to expand their experience in nutrition over the past three years. We are looking for a new student director to take charge of The Nutrition Press in 2018. Do you have what it takes?
Please note at this stage, this is a VOLUNTEER position. All members of The Nutrition Press team are volunteers. We do this because we love nutrition and want to make the internet a better (and more evidence-based) place!
Are you interested in leadership, management and innovation?
If your answer was yes, then this is the role for you! We are looking for an individual who is passionate about nutrition and is committed to the communication of evidence-based nutrition principles. The ideal candidate will have an interest in leadership and the management of students, and will be able to commit their time to the development of The Nutrition Press.
As director of The Nutrition Press, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing all activity at The Nutrition Press including recruitment, editorial, communications and sponsorship
- Managing The Nutrition Press’ team of 25 student-contributors and hiring new team members
- Coming up with innovative ideas to help The Nutrition Press grow and develop moving forward
Am I the right candidate for the position?
We think that the ideal candidate for the role of director will possess the following skills (and more!):
- Currently undertaking studies in nutrition and/or dietetics at the undergraduate or postgraduate level
- Excited by the idea of leading and managing a large group of student
- Committed to the principles of evidence-based nutrition
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to commit to the role for at least 12 months. It is estimated that this role requires at least a 2-4 hour commitment per week.
What benefits will The Nutrition Press have for me?
- How many nutrition graduates can say that they have experience managing a team of 25 students and the ability running a web organisation that can reach up to 200,000 people per month online? Not many! This experience will really make your resume stand out from the crowd!
- A fantastic opportunity to develop your project management, digital content production or administration skills.
- The opportunity to network with other students and health professionals throughout Australia and the world.
- The chance to develop The Nutrition Press and turn it into something of your own
How can I apply?
- Write a letter of application (max. one page) outlining:
- Why you are interested in this opportunity;
- Your skills and experience; and
- What you could bring to the role and any innovative ideas that you have for The Nutrition Press.
- Complete and send in your application (including a letter of application and resume) to email@example.com by 11.59pm on Sunday 18 March 2018.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us here.
Applications close Sunday 18 March 2018 at 11.59pm AEST
*Please note that ALL members of The Nutrition Press team are volunteers. We do this because we love nutrition and want to make the internet a better (and more evidence-based) place!